Create a poster for a concert or music festival (for a particular performer, group, or series of performers).
Part 1: Graphic
Create a graphic (WITHOUT words) that visually conveys a feeling of the style of music that will be played: country, pop, punk, hardcore, hip hop, jazz, blues, folk, soft rock, classical, etc.
- Select a real performer(s). Consider how the music makes you feel.
- Thinking abstractly, express the mood of the music style (The art may be abstract, but it MUST be expressive.).
- For this part of the assignment, you may start by working in any material you wish, including color pencil, paint, digital, etc.
- When ready to scan, scan at 300 ppi.
- This is to be done without photographs. Do not take any images from the internet.
Incorporate expressive text and type treatment to convey a mood/feeling for the music/performance. Arrange the type elements into the artwork from Part 1.
- Create a name for your music festival
- Include the name of the festival, where it will be held, the city, the time, and other details.
- Include the name(s) of the performer(s).
- Your choices for the typefaces and arrangement should enhance the feeling of the style of music.
- In arranging the typographic elements, consider the principles of good graphic design, such as contrast, repetition, alignment and proximity.
- Save the document as “concert yourlastname.”
- If working in Photoshop, the image should be at least letter-size at 300 ppi.
- If working in Illustrator, the image should be at least letter-size (8.5 x 11”).